Sunday, February 13, 2011

Braised Tofu

This recipe is best cold, in my opinion.

I have adapted the recipe a bit.  You're supposed to dice the tofu in about a 1 inch dice and broil it on skewers, basting the marinade.  But I like using a store-bought diced tofu (smaller size), and braising or pan-frying it until the marinade sticks.  Then I cool it and have it with salads, lettuce wraps, or just plain.

Marinade:
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine (I don't usually have it on hand so I use mirin)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp tahini (or just skip if you don't have it)
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp sugar

Put all ingredients in a bag and shake or massage until combined.  Add package of diced tofu (drained and pat dry) and marinade for at least 30 minutes.

Add 1tsp sesame oil to heated fry pan.  Add entire bag of tofu and marinade.
Fry over medium/high heat until tofu is brown and marinade is gone.  (Toss often)

Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment